Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Georgia legal material in print
- Legal Encyclopedia:
- Look up terms in the general index.
- Go to the legal topic and section number (i.e., Family Law § 444).
- Read summary and find cases by looking for the footnotes.
- Always check the pocket part.
- Statutes and Codes:
- Look up your terms in the General Index.
- Jot down the statutory citation
- Open that section and examine the table of contents of case notes that help interpret the statute to find a relevant case.
- Sometimes it also points you to other useful secondary tools like legal forms. Check pocket part
- Legal Digest:
- If looking for a definition of a legal term use the Words and Phrases Index.
- If looking for general case law, use the Descriptive Word Index to find your legal issue.
- Jot down the citation for your legal issue.
- Find the appropriate volume, read the case summaries and check pocket part.
Jot down the case citation: (i.e., 207 S.W. 2d 723)
- Find your case in the SE. Reporter and update it via Shepard's Citations
Finding legal citations at the Law Library and Online
- In reference
- West’s Georgia cases reported in South eastern reporter
- Georgia blue & white book.
- Georgia cases reported in South eastern reporter
- In reference:
- West’s Code of Georgia, Annotated
Georgia Secondary Sources
- In reference:
- Georgia Jurisprudence
- Georgia Digest
495 North Indian Creek Drive | Clarkston, GA 30021 | 404-297-9522
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
As set forth in its student catalog, Georgia Piedmont Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Contact Lisa Peters, the ADA Coordinator, at 404/297-9522, ext. 1154, ADA504Coordinator@gptc.edu or at the main DeKalb campus, 495 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021 Room A-170; or Dr. Debra Gordon, the Title IX Coordinator, at 404/297-9522, ext. 1176, TitleIXCoordinator@gptc.edu or at the main DeKalb campus, 495 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021 Room A-103 for assistance. For more information about our graduation rates and other important program information, please visit our website at https://www.gptc.edu/gainfulemployment